Forgotten Purrs
The time of ThunderClan, WindClan, RiverClan, ShadowClan and even the Tribe of the Rushing Water have long passed. The old heroes are just legends now, and the Ancient Clans, tales of LionClan, TigerClan and LeopardClan are scarcely remembered. Tales of Clans and Tribes spread from forest to forest, Twolegplace to Twolegplace, and although the rumors quickly spread, the warrior code, the purpose of Tribes and Clans remained the same. Thus, the first leaders came together: Magpiestar, Sunstar, Hollowstar and Mothstar. Although their beliefs and loyalties were divided, they each were strong and proud and knew their destinies: to rule the forest together, to respect one another, and to sacrifice everything for their friends. Now, those leaders, too, have passed, and it's your time to step up an aid in the rebirth of the forest.

Don't register unless you think you'll stay active! ;)
Forgotten Purrs
The time of ThunderClan, WindClan, RiverClan, ShadowClan and even the Tribe of the Rushing Water have long passed. The old heroes are just legends now, and the Ancient Clans, tales of LionClan, TigerClan and LeopardClan are scarcely remembered. Tales of Clans and Tribes spread from forest to forest, Twolegplace to Twolegplace, and although the rumors quickly spread, the warrior code, the purpose of Tribes and Clans remained the same. Thus, the first leaders came together: Magpiestar, Sunstar, Hollowstar and Mothstar. Although their beliefs and loyalties were divided, they each were strong and proud and knew their destinies: to rule the forest together, to respect one another, and to sacrifice everything for their friends. Now, those leaders, too, have passed, and it's your time to step up an aid in the rebirth of the forest.

Don't register unless you think you'll stay active! ;)
Forgotten Purrs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forgotten Purrs

A Warriors roleplay based on the best-selling books by Erin Hunter. (Banner by Star.)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

4/19/2013 Update

Go down 
+3
Goldy
Bandy
Magpie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Magpie
Head Admin
Magpie

4/19/2013 Update Empty
PostSubject: 4/19/2013 Update   4/19/2013 Update EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 11:14 am

Hi, guys...

Well, obviously I've been really inactive... To be honest, I don't know if I can keep this site running for much longer. I'm going to try, and I do want it to go on, I just don't know if I want to be the site's admin.

Anyway... I'm trying. And I'm going through the characters for adoption, because there are way too many and no one can adopt all of them. And we need a better way of organizing the site, because right now there's way too much information spread all over the place. I'd like to put together the list of all characters again and I need suggestions for what to do with us.
Back to top Go down
Bandy
Deputy
Bandy

4/19/2013 Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4/19/2013 Update   4/19/2013 Update EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 4:25 pm

It's fine, Maggie! Cat Face :3
Keep trying. :D But if you are feeling like it's too much, then I totally understand that. It's definitely a lot of work.
Uh, suggestions... Maybe we could make a requirement that you can only make one character when you join but the rest have to be adopted, for now? Same goes for everyone else, not just new users. You are allowed to make one more character, and the rest must be adopted. It doesn't sound very fun, but... there are lots and lots of characters needing roleplayers. o.o
Hmm. Organization. What you were doing before with the characters was pretty organized, but it must have been a lot of work. Maybe each roleplay moderator or something like that is assigned a character group to make a character list for? So one mod would do Clan cats, another the non-Clan cats, another mod the other animals (if we ever get any :P), etc. We just don't want you to be in charge of everything. But of course you will be able to fix anything or do whatever if anyone does the lists incorrectly. :U
Eh. I can't think of anything else.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bananabandanna.deviantart.com
Goldy
Administrator
Goldy

Mood : Tired

4/19/2013 Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4/19/2013 Update   4/19/2013 Update EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:03 pm

I agree with Bandanna. I know it's hard work, but you've done a fantastic job; I think everyone else would agree with me. I mean, look how far the site has gone?

I think bringing back the character lists would help many people a lot. If you think it's too much, I'll be more than glad to help. Like Bandanna said, maybe spreading out who's in charge of what in the character lists would be good, so the lists will be as accurate as possible without it being way too hard to manage. :)
Back to top Go down
Ember
Apprentice
Ember

4/19/2013 Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4/19/2013 Update   4/19/2013 Update EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 9:34 pm

I think bringing character lists back is a good idea as well. If you need any help I'll more than glad to help you out. c:
Back to top Go down
Whispers
Elder
Whispers

4/19/2013 Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4/19/2013 Update   4/19/2013 Update EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 11:35 pm

I agree with Goldy and Bandanna. Bringing back the list of characters and organizing who owns who is a great way to get the site more organized. I do get being the admin of a site is hard work. I'll be more than glad to help out with anything around the forum.
Back to top Go down
http://the4elements.catsboard.com
Willow
Deputy
Willow

4/19/2013 Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4/19/2013 Update   4/19/2013 Update EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 1:28 am

You could just remove most of the adoptions. So when a person goes inactive, there character is removed (Or moved to an inactive pot not available for adoption). Only major characters or active users can place characters up for adoption.
Just a thought.

Also, you've done a great job so far Mag. I understand how hard running a site can be (But FP turned out way better than NFS). I'd be happy to help in anyway possible but you have great staff so I'm probably unneeded.
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Head Admin
Magpie

4/19/2013 Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4/19/2013 Update   4/19/2013 Update EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 11:03 am

Thanks guys *hugs*

So...I'll get started on that. I think I will get rid of most of the adoptions.
Or...we could start a line of adoptions called "Urgent Adoptions"--if a Notable Character needs to be adopted, they would become a UA Adoption. (I know that's saying "adoption" twice in a row..but whatever.)
So, UAs could work in three ways:
  • All UAs would have to be adopted before non-UAs could be adopted.
  • Each individual member would have to adopt one UA before they could adopt any non-UAs.
  • Non-UAs could be adopted just as easily as UAs, but UAs would be stickied and recommended for adoption.

I'm leaning towards options 2 or 3.
Anyway...I'll comb through the suggestions forum and see what else I can do.
Back to top Go down
Blizzard
Warrior
Blizzard

Mood : Hungry

4/19/2013 Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4/19/2013 Update   4/19/2013 Update EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 1:29 pm

Aw Maggie, you've put so much hard work into this site, you should definitely keep trying! :D
I think it's a great idea to have an "Urgent Adoptions" section. :3
I also agree with Willow's idea.. x3
Back to top Go down
Goldy
Administrator
Goldy

4/19/2013 Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4/19/2013 Update   4/19/2013 Update EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 2:04 pm

Option 2 sounds good. Maybe you could mix Willow's idea of whether you're active or not to how many characters you could adopt. Or, perhaps newer members who havent yet proved they are going to stay active aren't allowed to create characters for other people to roleplay(such as a family of that member's character needing to be adopted.) That way, less characters will be abandoned so we won't need to have as many needing to be adopted. :)
Back to top Go down
Whispers
Elder
Whispers

4/19/2013 Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4/19/2013 Update   4/19/2013 Update EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 5:34 pm

That idea sounds awesome, Goldy!
I think option 2 sounds good.
Back to top Go down
http://the4elements.catsboard.com
Bandy
Deputy
Bandy

4/19/2013 Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4/19/2013 Update   4/19/2013 Update EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 7:23 pm

*returns hug* c:
Yes yes, you've done a fantastical job Maggie. :D
I like those ideas, guyz.
Goldy's newest idea sounds good. But wait, create characters or suggest another user to create a charrie? I mean, the character isn't created until it's accepted, so. But I agree. So they'd only be able to roleplay adopted characters? And how long will it take for us to know they're active enough... or whatever? :U
And I like Option 2. But they should also get stickied/recommended, like in Option 3.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bananabandanna.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

4/19/2013 Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4/19/2013 Update   4/19/2013 Update Empty

Back to top Go down

4/19/2013 Update
Page 1 of 1